DB Popup not linked

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

DB Popup not linked

Postby grputnam » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Sorry to bother you again on a simple matter. I am starting a new form. I am trying to us a DB popup. I have created a DB for the popup. I have set the field like another DB popup I am using. I have used a Button and given it an action. It looks the same as another DB Popup I have in the form. I get an error message when I use it in the Form "Linked DB is not present in this user's folder."

The second thing is the DB that I created for the DB Popup independent of the first difficulty lost the visibility, I can not see anything only rectangles. It was there when I open it up. If I click on the box the word comes up or if I search for a word it comes up. Where did my data go?
Gordon
grputnam

Re: DB Popup not linked

Postby dhaupert » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi Gordon,

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner! It sounds like the data source of the button is not pointing to the DB Popup field. Double check and let me know.

Re: the second issue, are you saying you're seeing garbage characters in the other database you designed for the DB Popup? If so, it sounds like the file was corrupted. If you want to, send the database file to Brian at support@ddhsoftware.com and he can verify this for you!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows