Page 1 of 1

Desktop Issues since Windows 10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am
by Zinc Oianoid
I'm getting all kinds of issues but mainly an access violation when I add a field to an existing db.

Handbase desktop error.JPG
Handbase desktop error.JPG (20.16 KiB) Viewed 2565 times


Also having bunches of new issues in android version too. More of this in the app section.

****** Found my own answer ***********

The db had security turned on so opening it required a password.
I disabled the requirement and the field could be added.

Obviously bad coding here.
At the very least a msg that informed you to turn of the security would be in order.
Better yet, coding that took into account the security would be better.

More on coding to come.

Re: Desktop Issues since Windows 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 am
by Brian_Houghton
You are right that having a password enabled to open should not prevent a field from being added. I've not been able to duplicate it in my testing, however, so if you could send me the exact steps needed to replicate the issue, that would be helpful.

Re: Desktop Issues since Windows 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:32 am
by dhaupert
Hi,

Indeed the security to open a database shouldn't have any effect on the database properties. Could be a bug or perhaps a corrupt database. Definitely not seeing this on my end or hearing it from any other users thus far!

Re: Desktop Issues since Windows 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:42 am
by Zinc Oianoid
I was also unable to reproduce it, even using exact same password and access restrictions.

Once it got past the problem it must have reset or changed whatever it didn't like the first time.

I hadn't used that db in a while and it may have been something that has changed since it was last created/used.

Thanks.

Re: Desktop Issues since Windows 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm
by curtterp
That error used to crop up for me from Windows XP through Windows 7.

Never been able to recreate it reliably, computer restart seems to take care of it.

Haven't seen the error since I moved to the Mac again.