forms application view

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

forms application view

Postby monirh69 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:18 am

Trying to design a form for an android Phone. now it takes up the entire space. Did not find a way to shrink the view without changing the form resolution. I guess it even get's worse with the HD devices as Samsung S7.
Is there a way?
monirh69

Re: forms application view

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:50 am

Best practice is to actually design the form on the Android, giving you true what you see is what you get results. If you don't have the forms designer for Android, however, when you create a form on the desktop, leave the default dimensions of 160 x 200. Then make sure smartphone scaling is 2. When you install the database and form to your Android, the form will properly adjust to the size of the device.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: forms application view

Postby mjhanna » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am

I agree with Brian that the best way to design a form is on the device where you intend to use it.

You may find useful the results of my experimentation over two years ago which explained to me both Form Size dimensions and scaling which affects font size here. Hopefully those notes should help in picking appropriate Form Sizes and specified Scaling Factors for your Android device. While my forms were designed for my SG4, the concepts should also work for your S7.

I believe that HanDBase does a good job of automatically scaling as long as you: use a Form Size which is roughly the same aspect ratio (WxH) as your screen, and use pixel values for the Form Size that are enough smaller than the resolution of your device so that the combination of your supplied scaling and HanDBase's automatic upsizing will cause the fonts etc. to upsize to a size you find readable.

Hope this gives you ideas,
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Return to HanDBase for Windows