Suddenly can't sync my iphone with laptop

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Suddenly can't sync my iphone with laptop

Postby stparis@go.net.mt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi, I've been using HandBase on my iphone and backing up / syncing to my laptop for years without any problems. Today they won't sync and I get this error message (see attachment).

I have recently set up OneDrive on this relatively new Windows 10 laptop. Could it be related?

I'd appreciate your help!
Attachments
IMG_3796.JPG
Screenshot of sync error
IMG_3796.JPG (25.17 KiB) Viewed 328 times
stparis@go.net.mt

Re: Suddenly can't sync my iphone with laptop

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the troubles. I'm not sure OneDrive is related at this point. Could you go to that folder mentioned in the error message and see if the file is already there? If it is, perhaps you can move to your desktop and try another sync. I'm wondering if there is some reason the file there can't be deleted/overwritten by our app. Are you logged in as a user that doesn't have Admin privileges?
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: Suddenly can't sync my iphone with laptop

Postby curtterp » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:27 am

stparis@go.net.mt wrote:Hi, I've been using HandBase on my iphone and backing up / syncing to my laptop for years without any problems. Today they won't sync and I get this error message (see attachment).

I have recently set up OneDrive on this relatively new Windows 10 laptop. Could it be related?

I'd appreciate your help!

When you setup your OneDrive, did you copy/cut/paste the Documents folder to your OneDrive, or did you move it through the Documents Folder properties?

If you cut/paste the Documents folder to the onedrive folder, HanDBase desktop might not be able to see it because the default Documents folder is not being pointed to the correct location.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Windows