Seconds?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Seconds?

Postby phuketpeter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Hello,
I am using HanDBase Desktop 4.1.5 and love the program on my iPod Touch. One thing I haven't figured out is how to get the time working with seconds. I have a database that stores times (phone log) - whereas I can enter hours, minutes and seconds in record edit on desktop, I am unable to view hh:mm:ss in record view on desktop and iPod Touch. Can this be achieved? If so, how?
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and sorry if this has come up before (could not find any reference).
Cheers, Pete
phuketpeter

Re: Seconds?

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Pete,

Good question- on the iPod the time entry screen does not show seconds but our format does store them. The display format of them in the List view and Record view is based on a preference. In the desktop, you can go to Configure, Preferences and adjust the time format there. On the iPhone/iPod touch, the format we used is based on your Settings app (Settings, General, International), but we do show the seconds in addition for many formats, as of a few versions ago. Are you sure you're not seeing the time seconds in the list view on the iPod touch? If so, perhaps you can tell me what international settings (region, etc) you are set to so I can try to see it myself.

Thanks in advance!
dhaupert

Postby phuketpeter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Dave,
thank you for the quick answer.
On the iPod Touch, the Regional Format is set to *UK*. In list view I can see seconds - but I haven't figured out how to input seconds there.
On the Desktop side, I defined HH:MM - in edit mode I can enter seconds - but time is again only displayed in HH:MM mode in list view (which I guess is correct, considering the setting). However, is there any chance to define the setting to HH:MM:SS?

I record times on the device almost exclusively and therefore like to be able to record time in HH:MM:ss.

Cheers,

pete
phuketpeter

Postby AndreasDK » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 am

I have a similar issue on my HTC S710 Windows Mobile.

The "F6" is my time-field, where I enter hours:minutes:seconds, however in the list-view, only hours:minutes are shown.

My work-around: I made an additional calculated field with the equation (F6-0). This calculated field shows the seconds also.

Best regards
Andreas
---------------
HTC Desire with Android 2.2
HanDBase 4.5.2
AndreasDK

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:10 pm

phuketpeter wrote:Dave,
thank you for the quick answer.
On the iPod Touch, the Regional Format is set to *UK*. In list view I can see seconds - but I haven't figured out how to input seconds there.
On the Desktop side, I defined HH:MM - in edit mode I can enter seconds - but time is again only displayed in HH:MM mode in list view (which I guess is correct, considering the setting). However, is there any chance to define the setting to HH:MM:SS?

I record times on the device almost exclusively and therefore like to be able to record time in HH:MM:ss.

Cheers,

pete

Hi Pete,

You're correct regarding the seconds not being something you can enter at the current time, they are only settable if you have an automatic date setting like 'current time', or 'time record created'. I'm logging this as a feature request.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows