check-box field

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

check-box field

Postby moneil » Fri May 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm having an issue with check-box fields.

Now that I've switched to WebOS I'm using HanDBase a lot more (Palm OS version on a Pre, through Classic) to replace some Palm OS applications. One new one has three check-box fields, next to each other. My desktop version for Windows (Vista) is 4.1.5.

I exported the data from the other application to an Excel spreadsheet, organized it in the exact field order as the HanDBase file, with the exact field names as column headings, and saved it as a csv file. For the three check-box fields I populated the cells for each record with a 0 (zero).

When I import this file into HanDBase desktop for Windows, the second and third check-boxes are blank, as I want them, but the first one is checked in every record. I've stared at it, pondered on it, and erased and reimported it several times, always with the same result. Though the field order in the csv file is the same as in the HanDBase file, I tried importing with both "Field order of fields" and "Physical order of fields". I looked at the default dialogue box in field properties to make sure "checked" wasn't the default.

There are 600 or so records in this database, so I really don't want to have to manually uncheck each record. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. ~ I do hope future market trends will permit / inspire DDH to come out with a Web OS version :D .
moneil

Re: check-box field

Postby dhaupert » Fri May 07, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm thinking there is a field that is not visible between the 2nd and 3rd checkbox. Can you perhaps type out what the first 5 or so fields are here? Do this from the Edit Fields screen, not from looking at the record!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows