Popup problem

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Popup problem

Postby dkeiffer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 pm

I have a previously created database that I open with HanDBase Desktop.
I go to Edit the properties of this database and choose Forms.
I have previously set up a popup for Date.
I try to setup another popup for time but when I choose Add a popup to the form it adds a popup but immediately moves the other popup I previously created under the new popup that was created and sets the previously created popup as the default popup.
Have you had any previous complaints about this and how do I stop this from happening?
Thank you,
dkeiffer

Re: Popup problem

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Don,

Thanks for writing and sorry for the issue you're describing. I am not seeing this on my end trying to duplicate. I've not heard of it from any customers either. Based on that, I'm assuming it's related to form control ids in the code. I generate a new ID when a new item is added and it sounds like due to some type of bug or corruption you're getting two controls with the same id or something to that effect. My suggestion is to try deleting the form and creating a new one and see if the problem persists. Let me know!
dhaupert

Re: Popup problem

Postby dkeiffer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 am

I'm noticing that I'm encountering this problem when I create a form, add some buttons, adjust tab order in the Select Item window and then add another button.
I know, maybe I should not adjust the tab order, that way I would not encounter this problem but when I have a whole lot of buttons, text/numeric entry fields, labels, popups, etc that I have placed in the form and I want to go back and tweek the positions of all of them I like to put them in order using the tab order option and then find that I need a new button somewhere then is when I have the problem. I add the new button and a button from somewhere else on the form dissapears and is placed under the new button.
dkeiffer

Return to HanDBase for Windows