Text Field picks up reading from previous record field

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Text Field picks up reading from previous record field

Postby jeff.taylor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi

I'm developing a DB (A) and the first Field is a DB popup field. From this you can select the record type from another DB (B) you want to check. When you click on the record you want from (B), many of the following fields are completed in (A) with the correct items from DB (B) by using the Relationship field type. However the second field in DB (A) is a text field and when starting a new record the edit record Dialog Box opens and the text field 2 has the words from the previous record first (adjacent) field. This can be overtyped but I'm sure it will put people off from using the DB.

Is there anyway i can get the text field to be empty?

This is my first week using HanDBase so I'm still learning.

Thanks

Jeff
jeff.taylor

Re: Text Field picks up reading from previous record field

Postby dhaupert » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your post. I think it sounds like the text field has a default value set for it. If you go to the properties for that field, you'll find the default value setting and it can be set to either a hard coded value (such as blank if you'd like) or the previous value of a given field. Sounds like it's set to the latter, but you can change that just as easily.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Re: Text Field picks up reading from previous record field

Postby jeff.taylor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks Dave that cured it. (Typical Newbie mistake)

I didn't even realise I'd changed that field. Must've happened when I was playing around to see what all the buttons did. (Typical Newbie mistake, I need to take more care in future.)

Now I know it's there, I think I've got a use for it!

Regards

Jeff
jeff.taylor

Return to HanDBase for Windows