Access Violation while Importing .csv file

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Access Violation while Importing .csv file

Postby rpantano » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi, I am trying to import a .csv file to overwrite a .pdb file. I have been doing this for years without a problem, until today. It gets about 1000 records in to the 14000 record import and I get the following message "Access violation at address 0056BC5A in module 'handbasedesktop.exe'. Read of address 00000FF3." Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks, Rich
rpantano

Re: Access Violation while Importing .csv file

Postby dhaupert » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:14 am

Hi Rich,

Thanks for writing and sorry to hear about the access violation. I'm not sure why it's happening, but wondering a few things:

- Are you importing this into an existing database or a new one?
- If existing, are you replacing records or appending to the existing records
- Is there something in that 1000'th record that could be a culprit? Perhaps you can hand edit the file to remove that row for testing sake and see if the import continues.

Lastly, if you'd like me to try on my end, please send me (to my email address below) the files and steps and I'll try to debug/fix the problem!
dhaupert

Postby rpantano » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't have a chance to get back to this issue 'til today. I am importing into an existing database and replacing the records. How can I tell which record may be the problem? Is there an error log? After I OK the first error message I get this one next, "Writing PDB Record #65007" Like I said above, there are only about 1400 records, so I don't know what the number 65007 is refering to. If you don't have any other suggestions I will gladly send you the data via e-mail. I really appreciate you looking into this for me.

Rich
rpantano

Postby rpantano » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Dave,

Did you ever get a chance to look at the data I sent you?

Thanks, Rich
rpantano

Postby rpantano » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 am

Any news? I still can't get this to work properly.

Thanks, Rich
rpantano

Return to HanDBase for Windows