PC to MAC move and disadvantages?

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

PC to MAC move and disadvantages?

Postby glenwf » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm expecting to move from Windows XP to a iMac in January. I want to know exactly what I will be losing in functionality.

HanDbase Pro for Palm OS 4m -- v4.1 build R2

I want to keep my Palm T5 and sync it with the iMac and not lose any of my work.

I do use and create forms and like most users I have about 50 databases so you see I make extensive use of HanDbase and have for decades(?) now.

I have read enough to see the MAC platform will limit me somewhat, but I can't really determine how much. Forms creation seems to be one of them??

Please let me know if I have to go to the extreme of running windows on the iMac to make this work. I've never done this before so don't know if it will be a big bother or now especially for the daily syncs for the calendar and changes to the databases.

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: PC to MAC move and disadvantages?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Glen,

Thanks for posting. The Mac version of HanDBase Desktop is quite bare bones compared to the Windows version. However, if you have us make a switch in your licenses we will add a custom build of HanDBase Desktop for Windows that will allow you to use the program on your Mac. The HanDBase Plus for iOS / Mac addon is still required for sync purposes though!

Contact us via email when you want to make the switch.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac