I Have a few Questions.

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

I Have a few Questions.

Postby spencerrue » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am

I was wondering which version I need to buy for my desktop. I just purchased the one for my iphone and I would like to be able to manage databases and create and do everything from my desktop. Preferbly in the mac side but I do have a full version of widows I can use. Any and all help before I spend my money would be great. One more thing I will be wanting to put this on two or three more Iphone,Ipod and Ipad plus one more computer so that I can keep track of things while being able to sync it with other devices. Is there a way to buy multiple keys at the same time at a discounted rate? Any and all help appreciated thanks in advance.
spencerrue

Re: I Have a few Questions.

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting. First, I do want to be up front with you in letting you know that HanDBase Desktop for Mac, which is a part of HanDBase Plus for iOS / Mac, is pretty limited in its core functionality. You can use it for basic editing and for syncing purposes, but for robust database creation and data entry, I would encourage you to use the special build of HanDBase Desktop for Windows that we will add to your account should you purchase HanDBase Plus for iOS / Mac. This special build of HanDBase Desktop for Windows is actually bundled with a library called WINE that allows for it to run in Mac OS X.

You can download a trial of the addon, minus the HanDBase Desktop for Windows component, at:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/handbaseplusmacios.html

Note that you would only need one desktop license per computer. You can sync multiple iOS devices to the same installation on a computer.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby enolmron » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't see anything in the store called "HanDBase Plus for iOS / Mac." Please clarify which product you mentioned. Thanks
enolmron

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi,

HanDBase Plus for iOS/Mac isn't available in the iTunes App Store. Only HanDBase for iPhone/iPod Touch and HanDBase for iPad are available via the App Store. HanDBase Plus for iOS/Mac, an optional addon that provides syncing, backups and basic editing, is available here:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/handbaseplusmacios.html

Hope this helps!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac