Desktop won't recognize my iPhone

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Desktop won't recognize my iPhone

Postby filbertguy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I've spent 20 minutes composing a support query three times using your online form only to get a "Whoops!" message at the end. Please help!!

Here's my issue. I'm running Mac OS 10.7 (Mtn Lion) and iPhone OS 5.1.1.

I had a Windows Desktop license and used the desktop app to sync with my iPhone for years. But I just traded in my PC for a MacBook Pro, so I purchased a new Mac Desktop license on 8/21. However I can't figure out how to get it to work with my iPhone.

I managed to D/L the pdb data file from my iPhone using the "connect" URL, and I can open it no problem using the Desktop for Mac software. But when I try to save the file after making changes on the desktop app, I get the "Select a User" dialog, but the drop down menu is empty. When I select "Devices" from the menu bar and then "Sync/Configure iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices", I get the following error message: "HanDBase Plus for iPhone/iPad Required".

I have licenses for both programs:
Product: HanDBase Plus for iPhone Add-on v. 4.7.6
Product: HanDBase Desktop for Mac v. 4.46

Please advise. Al
filbertguy

Re: Desktop won't recognize my iPhone

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi there,

Very sorry to hear about the 'whoops' message. Can you tell me exactly what you mean by that? Did it give an exact error message? I'm not aware of any issues with the support mail forum and we've been getting submissions. Any clues will be quite helpful!

It sounds like you purchased the Mac Desktop and not the Mac Plus package. As you may or may not know, there are different desktop packages starting with the desktop only software (which you bought for Mac), and then bundling things like the iPhone conduit. Without the iPhone conduit, you wouldn't see devices listed or have a way to sync, but you still could open up files that you saved via the web interface, emailing, etc.

It sounds like you have the Plus package for Windows and the regular desktop for Mac- is that correct? If so, please send me an email at my address below and we can take care of getting you the right package.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Mac