Can't tranfer databases from iPad to Android Tablet

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Can't tranfer databases from iPad to Android Tablet

Postby KarinEJ » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:42 pm

I have created a database on my iPad. I am able to transfer it successfully to my iPhone via email.
However, when I try to transfer it to my Samsung Tab7, it transfers old forms that I deleted from my iPad and does not include the new forms. Have other people experienced this problem? How do I fix it?
Thanks!
Karin
KarinEJ

Re: Can't tranfer databases from iPad to Android Tablet

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Karin,

Thanks for writing.

I suspect an old version of the form file was cached if you previously had the database and form on the Android. Please try the following:

- Use a file manager on your Android to open the HanDBase folder at the root level of internal storage
- Find the Forms folder within the HanDBase folder
- Find the form file associated with the database you are running into troubles with
- Move the form file out of the Forms folder
- Open the email with the correct database and form file attached to it
- Tap on the form
- When prompted, choose to let HanDBase receive the file

This action should copy the correct form file to the proper location (HanDBase/Forms). The proper form should now be visible.

Let me know if this does not work.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby KarinEJ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for replying. I did as you suggested: went into a folder called 'my files' and deleted the contents of the 'forms' folder. I then opened the database and forms again, and same problem. The database is correct (I changed it since I last uploaded it to the Android), but the forms are still the old ones.

I then tried deleting the HanDbase folder from 'my files' altogether. That cleared all the contents out of HanDbase, but when I opened the database and forms again, had the same problem.

Any other ideas?

Karin
KarinEJ

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:02 am

Hi Karin,

Thanks for following up.

Sorry to read that there was no improvement.

Would it be possible for you to email me a copy of the database, the form file and a screenshot of what the form is supposed to look like? I would like to try to investigate further but need the files to do so.

If you can send them, please email all three items to support@ddhsoftware.com along with a brief reminder of the issue.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac