Compatibility with OS X el capitan

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Compatibility with OS X el capitan

Postby Javed Shakoor » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:40 am

Does anyone have experience of using handbase with OS X El Capitan. Especially the issue of syncing between the desktop and iPhone/iPad?
Thanks in advance
Javed
Javed Shakoor

Re: Compatibility with OS X el capitan

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:26 am

Hi Javed,

Thanks for writing.

Syncing in El Capitan is working fine in our experience.

If you encounter problems let us know, please.

Thanks for checking.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Max » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:35 am

Just a quick confirmation that HanDBase Desktop works fine with El Capitan. I just upgraded to a new iMac, and the download and installation were easy (it's a Mac, after all), although I did have to look up what to do when El Capitan balked at opening the Desktop app because it wasn't from a registered source. (Control-click the filename and then allow it to open. The Mac remembers it thereafter.)

Also, I'd like to say that HanDBase has been working flawlessly for me since the early Palm Pilot days and now on an iPhone 6 Plus. I've found nothing better. I use it mainly for passwords and associated info, and to keep my pilot logbook--which has to record flight data and update several categories of flight times. Also several other, less important databases--shopping lists. etc.

It would be nice if the Mac HanDBase Desktop had a few more features, but at least it works, and it allows printing. The Wine version is acceptable as a workaround for the other features, but certainly not as elegant as a native Mac app.
Max

Postby b2b » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:38 am

Ditto, on your comments Max. I absolutely love the iPhone mobile version too. I also was spoiled by the Palm version. And like you I am anxious to get HandBase for the Mac in what I know will be a elegant iOS Version. Dave Haupert has mentioned in another post that he hopes to get this accomplished in a future version. I hope he can find the time to get this done fairly soon.
b2b

Return to HanDBase for Mac