Moving to Google Drive

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Moving to Google Drive

Postby wayde » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:17 pm

I'd like to move the HanDBase files on my Mac from users/my name/documents/HanDBase to my Google Drive location. I don't see a way to modify where these files are stored in the HanDBase for Mac application. Any suggestions?
wayde

Re: Moving to Google Drive

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:46 am

Thanks for posting.

Are you using the stand alone version of HanDBase Desktop, or are you using the HanDBase Plus package to sync with a handheld?

If the first, you can simply move the files to a location of your choosing in Google Drive's sync directory and then manually browse to find the files for opening when you want to edit them in HanDBase Desktop.

If the latter, you can start by doing the same steps above and then in the sync configuration dialog, select the option to add a shared sync entry. When prompted you would select the first database from the folder in Google Drive. Repeat the process for each database.

When you sync, the databases on the handheld would then sync with the databases in the folder in the Drive sync directory.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby wayde » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:46 am

Brian,

I'm syncing to my iPhone. Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks, you are awesome!

Wayde
wayde

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:48 am

Awesome!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac