Mystery un-named file

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Mystery un-named file

Postby glenwf » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:27 pm

When I open my iOS HanBBase desktop 4 (see attachment) the 6th file down doesn't have a name, but it has 30 records.

-If I open this file on the desktop, I don't even get a window - nothing.
-If I open the Wine version and look for it I can't find it.
-The file does not show up on my iPod Touch 5 HanDBase screen so I can't select it to give it a name to find out what it is.
-When I look at the hard drive with "Finder" I can't see any file " .PDB" so I can't delete it there.

I have no idea what this file is (probably a mistake in not naming a file during creation?) but how do I get rid of it?

Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Thanks.
Attachments
unnamed.tiff
unnamed.tiff (177.74 KiB) Viewed 464 times
glenwf

Re: Mystery un-named file

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 am

Hi Glen,

I think the best way to find out what the offending file is in this case is to use iTunes. Here's how:

Connect your phone to your computer and launch iTunes.
Click the iPhone icon and go to the apps section.
Scroll past the list of apps installed and you'll see a File Sharing section.
Find HanDBase in that list and see what files are shown as being installed.
If any seem foreign or problematic, you can try saving them to your desktop and opening them in the HanDBase Desktop.

If you determine that there is a bad file in there and want it gone just highlight the file and press the delete key to remove it.

Let me know how you make out!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby glenwf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:48 pm

iTunes could not see the file.

I used to have a program that I could run on my iOS and could "see" my iPod Touch files and I could probably see it with that. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called and can't find anything that would do it?

Do you remember the freeware program that can see my iPod?

Thanks for the idea. It was time to back up my iPod anyway...
glenwf

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 am

Hi,

There are a bunch of apps to do this but I'm not sure any of them are free anymore! I use iExplorer and the version I have (version 3) cost around 35.00, and still doesn't work with iOS10 or newer. I have to upgrade to 4 to get the continued functionality- been planning on doing that when I need to use it again!

Another one that used to be free was called iFunBox- maybe that's what you have? Or iPhone Backup Extractor, another that is no longer free.

All of the old ones will probably not work with newer OS- I remember in iOS 8.3 they did something to break most of the older apps and they had to find a workaround and do an update.

Best of luck with that. As another option- you could try removing the HanDBase app after backing up all the files it does have in there. Then install again and restore the databases you have. You should then have no trace of the mystery file!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Mac