Command line options

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Command line options

Postby Tomvb62 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I can run the Windows Desktop program with command line parameters to create a HanDBase database from a CSV file automatically. Are these command line options also available in the Mac Desktop version?
Tomvb62

Re: Command line options

Postby dhaupert » Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. No command line support in the Mac version- I have not heard of anyone requesting that until now, and it seems that most Mac users (myself included) avoid the command line (Terminal app) as much as possible. I will definitely consider this for the future if others are interested in this functionality.

In the interim, have you tried the Wine edition for the HanDBase Desktop? It was discussed here and may be of use to you in this case:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=553
dhaupert

Re: Command line options

Postby Tomvb62 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for the info, Dave.
The reason why I asked the question is that my DBConvert program runs the desktop program in the "background" to create a HanDBase database from a CSV file. It just saves the users an additional step to convert their old Palm databases (and other file formats) to a HanDBase database. I just hoped that the command line options were also included in the Mac desktop version, because more and more of my users are moving over to the Mac platform and ask me for support.

Cheers, Tom
Tomvb62

Return to HanDBase for Mac