OData support

This forum is for application developers who are integrating HanDBase into their solutions via the HanDBase API (HAPI) or other means. It's also a great place to discuss runtime development.

OData support

Postby JimBo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi, I am working on a project to expose information on biodiversity in NSW Australia via web services. We are looking at using the OData protocol (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/t ... brev=odata) and I have noted that there are a number of ecologists using HanDBase on iPad which would benefit from being able to extract data on biodiversity from our systems. I cannot see that you support OData at this stage, is this correct? If so, do you plan to introduce support for OData at any stage soon?
JimBo

Re: OData support

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 am

Hello JimBo,

Thanks for writing. We do not support OData at this time. Importing and exporting via CSV is an option, but I do not know if that would work as an intermediary format that you could use to exchange data with your system.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: OData support

Postby JimBo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Hear you on the CSV, however we are conciously moving away from batch processes to web service based exchange of data to standardise. Guess you could chalk it down to a future enhancement request.
JimBo

Return to HanDBase - Developers