Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Postby edwin2011 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:06 am

would be nice to get this working. Im on the edge of changing phones and that would mean breaking the sync because of pie
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Postby edwin2011 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 am

I hate to say this but should I consider handbase dead? Please, don't.
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Postby edwin2011 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 am

No progress on pie? Next one Q is coming up...
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Android 10 installed.... still no working sync

Postby Linus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 am

And Android 10 has dropped!

I saw the response on the other thread: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4577 from a month ago.

Do you have any updates?

I currently have to email my 23 databases from my Android to my PC, merge them with master on the PC, then e-mail them back, pick them up on the Android, and merge the 23 databases back again. This takes oubt 2 hours of my time every week.

I would gladly pay for an upgrade (within reason) to get a fixed sync. It really is frustrating because I've had this Android for just about a year now... and I've never had a working sync.

Please... Any update... even if it is bad news... is better than nothing.

Linus
Linus

Postby mygeekshelp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Thank you for responding. I have got the answer for my problems
mygeekshelp

Postby HermanD » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 am

I have new phone Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s with Android 9 installed and Win10 with McAfee antivirus on the PC.
When I installed Handbase on the phone from GooglePlay there is displayed a warning Program is old possible
does not work correct, contact the developper.
But after installating connect to the PC made new user.
Everything works fine no sync problem. I am happy, but ask myself why does it work with me on Android 9 and not with
others?? Strange is it not?
Wel hope that Dave upgrade the program so others can also use it.

I liked to post also one positive info about Handbase.

I still wait for the photo field in the database but that can still take a long time.
Kind regards
HermanD
Handbase user from 2010 at Palm system
HermanD

Postby Gary51 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 am

I was about to post an almost identical question when I found this thread. I just acquired a Pixel 4 XL (10/25/19), running Android 10. The Play Store reinstalled HDB, and I transferred my files from the desktop "user" of the LG V10 (Android 6 ?) I had been using, to the Pixel via the desktop "install". The files all installed fine, and are working fine on the Pixel, but when I attempted to sync, I got the same message about "Code 200: HTTP/1.0 200 OK". I'm not sure of the relevance of the comments about having the memory card removed (the V10 had one but the HDB files were not on it, and the Pixel doesn't have a slot for one) Whatever antivirus I have running on my desktop, and/or phone, hasn't changed from the V10 to the Pixel.
However, unless I missed it in the earlier posts, I was given the choice to continue the sync, which I did in fact do, and the files were copied/"sync'd" to the "Archive" folder on the desktop program.
Until a more permanent solution can be determined, 1) can I get legitimate copies of the Pixel files by continuing to sync to "Archive"? (my preferred solution)
2) can I/should I just connect to my computer via usb cables and copy & paste from the Pixel to a folder on my computer (HanDBase or independent folder)?
3) as mentioned above, copy & paste to a cloud folder?
My priority is to maintain current backups of the data on my phone. Like many here that use HanDBase, I use it EVERY day for one purpose or another, and have done so since I first installed it on a Palm platform. It is the one CONSTANT app that I have maintained since I first installed it, in the 1990's.
I would like it to be a convenient sync, but I can endure some inconvenience if I have to, as long as I can maintain function.
Gary51

Postby Linus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:24 am

We are now in November 2019.
Question: Will we ever see a fix for the Android Sync?

Yes, I can:
  • Copy files from Android to PC
  • MailMerge each individual data base with the PC version
  • Copy the files back down to the Android

But there are currently 26 databases on my Android so this takes about 1 hour every day. Not a productive use of my time.

Seriously. If this issue is not being worked on and will not even be considered then please:
  • Announce it here
  • Indicate on the website that the SYNC feature is not available to sync between Android and PC

I really do like this product. but this issue has been on-going for over a year now!

I would even take a fix like:
  • Copy files from Android to PC
  • SYNC the copied DBs to the databases on the PC
  • Copy the files back down to the Android
At least it would be faster
Linus

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi there,

Very sorry there hasn't been a fix thus far. I am planning on starting work on it this weekend actually- but its a very involved update as I need to bring HanDBase for Android up to API 28 support libraries in order to ship any updates on the Play Store- it's currently using a much older library which means I have to make many many updates to get it to the latest. It will likely take a few months before I have this done but hopefully I'll be done sooner than that. But I am going to put in a solid amount of hours this weekend, and I'll know more what to expect.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby edwin2011 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 am

Hi. Any exiting news to share?
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for Android