HANDBASE: Syncing with ICS/Jellybean

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HANDBASE: Syncing with ICS/Jellybean

Postby curtterp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 am

WebDAV states in the description that it doesn't work with Windows XP.

from the PlayStore description
This application has been tested using Windows8 Explorer (should also work with Windows7 but it will not work on WindowsXP)
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ColinP » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 am

Thanks Curt. I did see that, but thought it did no harm to explicitly state that it didn't work for WinXP.

Perhaps the OP could be edited to say "•A Windows 7 or higher computer" as opposed to "•A Windows OS computer"?
ColinP

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:55 am

Hi,

I'll be sure to note that Windows 7 is needed. In fact, Vista might work but I don't have it installed on any computers anymore to verify.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby kronhead » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Brian_Houghton wrote:In fact, Vista might work but I don't have it installed on any computers anymore to verify.

I am using this setup successfully on Vista Home Premium (32bit).

Dan
kronhead

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks for confirming Vista works, Dan.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby curtterp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:07 am

Just got Jelly Bean loaded on my Transformer Prime.

As expected, it syncs just fine.

Brian - Still getting that erroneous sync error in Enterprise/Android add-on v4.2.5.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby kyelo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I just wanted to report success using WebDAV server pro syncing my database files on a Windows 7 laptop (with android add on 4.2.5 build R1) with

A) Motorola Atrix HD phone running android ICS and HanDBase for android 4.5.6a and
B) a 10" Toshiba Thrive tablet running android Honeycomb and HanDBase for android 4.5.4.

Sometimes I've had to mess around rebooting all devices before the SD card is recognized as a lettered drive by the laptop, but once that occurs, sync occurs smoothly.
kyelo

Postby curtterp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm

kyelo wrote:I just wanted to report success using WebDAV server pro syncing my database files on a Windows 7 laptop (with android add on 4.2.5 build R1) with

A) Motorola Atrix HD phone running android ICS and HanDBase for android 4.5.6a and
B) a 10" Toshiba Thrive tablet running android Honeycomb and HanDBase for android 4.5.4.

Sometimes I've had to mess around rebooting all devices before the SD card is recognized as a lettered drive by the laptop, but once that occurs, sync occurs smoothly.

I have had the computer not find the device a couple of times.... each time I just pinged the address for WedDAV server, then tried to connect again. I have had success everytime without rebooting.

What version of HanDBase desktop do you have (Plus, Professional, or Enterprise)?

Are you seeing an error message saying that there were sync errors, but when you look at the log, there are no errors to be found?
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

Postby casear » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Works with Android 4.0.4 on Motorola Xoom and Windows 7 64bit. Would be better if my Actiontec wireless DSL router was capable of device reservations for static IP addressing the tablet. With dynamic addressing each time you sync HandBase you need to note the IP address assigned in the WebDAV start screen and remap the drive on the PC if it has changed.
casear

Postby curtterp » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:50 pm

casear wrote:Works with Android 4.0.4 on Motorola Xoom and Windows 7 64bit. Would be better if my Actiontec wireless DSL router was capable of device reservations for static IP addressing the tablet. With dynamic addressing each time you sync HandBase you need to note the IP address assigned in the WebDAV start screen and remap the drive on the PC if it has changed.

Most of the time, if you connect every day to your router, the address does not change.

However, if you have a problem with the address changing, you could set up a static IP on the device for the connection. A couple of things you need to know before doing it. You will need to know the address range for the wireless router. You will need to know how to get into the setup utility for your specific wireless router. You will need to setup the static IP outside of the DHCP range, but you need to make sure that you keep the first three sets of numbers the same, just the last set of numbers outside of the range.

Here are the instructions for setting the static IP for your connection

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1576917

Be very careful and deliberate. If you run into problems, put the device back to DHCP to reestablish connection
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for Android