HANDBASE: Syncing with ICS/Jellybean

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HANDBASE: Syncing with ICS/Jellybean

Postby paul84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am

I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks. I had my Galaxy Note which ran GB and had no problems syncing via USB.

My Note was replaced due to a screen fault & the replacement has ICS. I was aware of the issue so wasn't surprised when HandBase wouldn't sync. I realised that as I had Xp I was unable to use the new suggested method.

Then I engaged my brain! The Note still mounts the SD card to my Xp PC just as before. In fact i use "Syncronize It" to sync other files so used this to copy the DB's across. But then I realised if that works why does the HandBase software not sync.

Obvious really, deleted the existing partnership on the desktop HandBase, connected the USB & setup a new partnership & it works perfectly just as it did.

Just needed a new partnership setting up :D :D :D
paul84

Postby dhaupert » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 pm

paul84 wrote:I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks. I had my Galaxy Note which ran GB and had no problems syncing via USB.

My Note was replaced due to a screen fault & the replacement has ICS. I was aware of the issue so wasn't surprised when HandBase wouldn't sync. I realised that as I had Xp I was unable to use the new suggested method.

Then I engaged my brain! The Note still mounts the SD card to my Xp PC just as before. In fact i use "Syncronize It" to sync other files so used this to copy the DB's across. But then I realised if that works why does the HandBase software not sync.

Obvious really, deleted the existing partnership on the desktop HandBase, connected the USB & setup a new partnership & it works perfectly just as it did.

Just needed a new partnership setting up :D :D :D

Hi Paul84!

Indeed not every ICS device is lacking the mechanism to mount as a drive letter. I posted on a different thread some links to ways to re-enable it on several Samsung devices as Samsung tends to keep that feature embedded, though disables it by default on some devices. I'm glad you were able to get it working- it's truly the simplest option!
dhaupert

Postby tsipantzi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I just tried it on a new Motorola RAZR MAXX HD and it works great.

Thanks,
Terri
tsipantzi

Postby rmatai » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Just tried with Samsung Galaxy s3 jelly bean 4.1.1, works excellent

Thank you
rmatai

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 am

Thanks for the confirmation on the Razr Maxx HD and the Galaxy S III.
I've also received confirmation that it works with a new Galaxy Note II.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby jaybird23238 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Android 4.0.4 -- Samsung galaxy s2
Windows 7
Handbase enterprise version.
Paid version of WebDav

I have two routers on this computer. one is a wireless router shared with everybody in the house. The other is a wireless but is private. The computer is hardwired to that router. (each is a separate network)

I am connected to the shared wireless network.

Bring up webdav (home dir is sdcard) Map a network drive letter, and I can see the data under that letter.

Bring up handbase on the computer, and try to setup new android user. I get the message saying "connect your Android phone via its USB connection to this computer..." and some additional verbage referring to a mounted drive letter.

Any idea what I'm missing?
jaybird23238

Postby curtterp » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Have you run HanDBase on your S2 at least once? If not, then open HanDBase on the S2, close it and try again. When HanDBase runs for the first time, it puts a couple of files out there that the sync needs to find.

If you have synced before, then updated the OS to 4.0.4, then you need to delete the old user first, then try to setup the new user again. Deleting the old user does not delete the files in My Documents on the computer.....

Otherwise it should be working, since you can see the data on the mounted drive letter.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm

@ jaybird...

Make sure that you have a letter assigned to the mapped webDav share. I've seen a few users think they had a letter assigned, but for some reason it didn't stick til they mapped a second time. Also, as Curt noted, if you have a partnership from an earlier version, delete that one via the Configure - Android Users option and recreate it.

Let us know how you get along.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby smiller777 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Sync with WebDAV Server works fine with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean on Sprint with Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for the help!
smiller777

Postby Tom the Sawyer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Didn't work for me. Got to Step 2, G. When I click Configure there is no option for Android. Palm, Windows Mobile, iPhone and Blackberry are there but no Android. My desktop version is 4.1.5, it says there are no updates available. Purchased WebDAV serverPro and it installed just fine, Explorer found my Samsung SIII. Computer is running Vista Home Premium.
Tom the Sawyer

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for Android