HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby mjhanna » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Great. Glad to hear that worked for you.
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 am
Location: New Mexico

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby valiants » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi Dave
Another bug to add to the list on this thread
Also I am not sure if you noticed these i posted earlier

Hi Dave
A few small bugs to note in the forms
-Buttons will not show Large Bold font, it deselects after you tap ok and returns to standard, also Bold font does not seem to change anything with buttons

-Tabs will not change to either, Bold or Large Bold font size even though it says it has

-Scrolling seems to only work on the scroll bar edge of the screen this seems to be new it may be to do with the update of being able to scroll sideways with wide forms

-Cannot see or select picture control to add to form on smaller Samsung devices

-Shapes seem to effect double the area under them, eg if one is put near the bottom of a form it will leave a large empty space under it which makes the form very long


See images below, first one is from the Desktop, the second one is the Device
-The backround colours will not show up on the device form for text boxes,and list boxes
-Also there is no option for a backround colour in tabs the only way to get this is by using the desktop form designer
-And signature boxes will not change in size
Attachments
Desktop.png
Desktop.png (12.57 KiB) Viewed 572 times
Device samsung s Duos.png
Device samsung s Duos.png (86.82 KiB) Viewed 572 times
Thanks
Gabriel H
valiants
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby khoury4 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

I have a small bug to report. It has to do with the "View" editor. When I enter a view and select the "Sorting" button, it correctly takes me to the screen that allows me to enter up to 3 sorting parameters. I am trying to sort a list of names in alphabetical order (Ascending). However, when I set the Primary Sort Field to sort by "Last (Text)", I get the following error: "The Field Type set for your Primary Sort Field cannot be sorted. Please adjust your setting to a different field."

In actuality, the primary sort field is already set to "Last (text)", but I went in to add a Secondary sort by a Unique field. When hitting "Ok", I get the error message and have to cancel out.

Thanks,
Brandon
khoury4
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby khoury4 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 am

khoury4 wrote:I have a small bug to report. It has to do with the "View" editor. When I enter a view and select the "Sorting" button, it correctly takes me to the screen that allows me to enter up to 3 sorting parameters. I am trying to sort a list of names in alphabetical order (Ascending). However, when I set the Primary Sort Field to sort by "Last (Text)", I get the following error: "The Field Type set for your Primary Sort Field cannot be sorted. Please adjust your setting to a different field."

In actuality, the primary sort field is already set to "Last (text)", but I went in to add a Secondary sort by a Unique field. When hitting "Ok", I get the error message and have to cancel out.

Thanks,
Brandon


I have some additional information to add to this. I copied the database over to my desktop and attempted to edit the view. From the desktop, I got a message that said the Text field could not be sorted because it was an encrypted field. So the workaround was for me to go into the field properties and uncheck the encryption option for each field I wanted to use for the view. Then, I edited the view sorting parameters and went back to the field properties to recheck the encryption option. Now everything works like I want it to. Just a bit of a hassle to make it happen.

Thanks,
Brandon
khoury4
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:36 am

valiants wrote:See images below, first one is from the Desktop, the second one is the Device
-The backround colours will not show up on the device form for text boxes,and list boxes
-Also there is no option for a backround colour in tabs the only way to get this is by using the desktop form designer
-And signature boxes will not change in size


Regarding text boxes, the Android control we use does not support the color parameter, so the color setting will be ignored on the handheld.

I don't believe we support signature resizing on the handheld. Will double check that though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am

Re: HanDBase for Android v4.6.316 Released

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:38 am

khoury4 wrote:
khoury4 wrote:I have a small bug to report. It has to do with the "View" editor. When I enter a view and select the "Sorting" button, it correctly takes me to the screen that allows me to enter up to 3 sorting parameters. I am trying to sort a list of names in alphabetical order (Ascending). However, when I set the Primary Sort Field to sort by "Last (Text)", I get the following error: "The Field Type set for your Primary Sort Field cannot be sorted. Please adjust your setting to a different field."

In actuality, the primary sort field is already set to "Last (text)", but I went in to add a Secondary sort by a Unique field. When hitting "Ok", I get the error message and have to cancel out.

Thanks,
Brandon


I have some additional information to add to this. I copied the database over to my desktop and attempted to edit the view. From the desktop, I got a message that said the Text field could not be sorted because it was an encrypted field. So the workaround was for me to go into the field properties and uncheck the encryption option for each field I wanted to use for the view. Then, I edited the view sorting parameters and went back to the field properties to recheck the encryption option. Now everything works like I want it to. Just a bit of a hassle to make it happen.

Thanks,
Brandon


You are correct - encrypted fields cannot be set for sorting when they are encrypted.



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron