Printing question?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: Printing question?

Postby valiants » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi Tungsten
When I click inside the note field a blue arrow appears to show where the cursor is but once you start typing the arrow disappears again until you touch inside the box.

Whats wrong with that? as far as i know that is how it should work
thats even how it works with the default edit record screen
Thanks
Gabriel H
valiants

Postby Tungsten » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 am

That's strange because in the Edit Record screen I use, the white flashing text cursor is visible all the time against the dark background. As I said previously, this white cursor is hidden against the white background using a form.

Tungsten

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Tungsten

Postby valiants » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Again Tungsten
Just had another thought that might speed up your process
First make a form that will have all the relevent info that you need to fill in (i.e. like your edit record default form)
this can be dark if you want to allow you to see the (text curser)
on this form put a button and lable it something like (Print preview), in the button properties assign it to an action (jump to form) select the form that you use for printing
then go to your printing form and you could put in a button that will return you to the other form that you normaly use
also you could put in a Button that is assigned to the action of (export record )this will then go straight to the printer or other option that your device has installed

If you follow these steps you should be able to use a dark form for viewing and editing all info but still use a light form for printing without changing any settings on the form
Thanks
Gabriel H
valiants

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android