Making The Time Entry Dialog Box Smaller

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Making The Time Entry Dialog Box Smaller

Postby Small Shiny Objects » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Is there a way to make the dialog box that pops up to enter a time value smaller? I just switched phones and I don't know if it is because I am running a newer version of HanDBase, a newer version of Android, or the new phone itself, but when I'm in landscape mode I have to scroll to see the top of the dialog box where the button to enter the current time is located.

I did not have to do this on my last phone, as the whole dialog box was visible regardless of whether I am in landscape or portrait mode. I've reduced the font sizes down to 8 in list view and 9 in edit view and that is about as small as I can go. I don't see any other settings to change that might reduce the overall size of the dialog box.

Thanks
Small Shiny Objects

Re: Making The Time Entry Dialog Box Smaller

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:27 am

What model of phone are you using? Could you attach a screenshot of the time dialog being clipped?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Small Shiny Objects » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:44 pm

My new phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, running Android 4.3

Here is a screenshot of what the Time Entry dialog box looks like when it is first opened up when the phone is in landscape mode.

This second screenshot is after I scroll up to the top of the dialog box to get to the 'Current Time' button.

On my previous phone the dialog box was small enough to be seen in it's totality without having to scroll and that is what I am hoping to be able to do with this new phone, so I appreciate any advice you can provide.
Small Shiny Objects

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 am

Sorry for the delay on this item.

We will look into this behavior for the next update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Android