Problem with form not copying

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Problem with form not copying

Postby Cassius » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am

Hi,

I've been suing HanDBase on my iPad for a while & recently picked it up for android too. I've been having an issue where I have transferred a database from my ipad to android & now when I create a new database using that existing one the from sometimes doesn't copy over. Has anyone else had the same problem or have a possible solution?
Cassius

Re: Problem with form not copying

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to read of the issue you have encountered.

I have not been able to duplicate the problem here.

Does it happen for you each time, or does it seem to be random?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Cassius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 pm

It's happening more often that not right now. I think it might be an issue with copying the database & form from iPad to PC and then to Android.
Cassius

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.

Please describe the steps you are taking to transfer them. Perhaps something will stand out that might be causing you this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Cassius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 pm

I was transferring between iPad/Android using the import/export options in the app using a desktop to store the databases. I have a feeling it might have something to do with me using options that are available in the iPad option that aren't available on the Android version (external fields).

Edit: Sorry but I just completely made a database from scratch & still having the same problems. I designed the database and the form on the device I'm using (Nexsus 10) and then I copied the database (which I use as a template for my reports) and when I went to put in some entries there was no form. I went to properties & there was no form showing up when there was one in the forms when I created the database.
Cassius

Postby aa6vhDave » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 am

On my Android device, when I create a new database from an existing database, the form from that existing database is not copied. So the new database does not have any forms associated with it.

I just go back to that first database, and use the Forms clone command to copy the forms to the new database. Also, the new copied form has all of the "use when" checkboxes reset, so you have to go into the new datase's forms editor, and set the "use when" checkboxes as required.
aa6vhDave

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi,

Indeed, looking at the code for this I see that I am not making a copy of the form when the copy is made. So that's an omission/bug on my part and one I will correct in a future update! Sorry about that.
dhaupert

Postby Cassius » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for looking at it. I'm already getting a lot of grief at work for making them buy tabets for us to basically use HanDBase so it's nice to know it will be fixed.
Cassius

Return to HanDBase for Android