Renaming DB problems

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: Renaming DB problems

Postby aa6vhDave » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 am

One more step to copy the forms:

On Android, when you "clone" a form into another database, the "Use when" booleans are all unchecked.

So after the clone/copy, open the new database's properties, Forms, and then set the "use when" check boxes as appropriate (i.e "Start Form for New Record" and "Start Form for Edit Record"). On my Sanmsung GS4, I have to set these check boxes for "Tablets and Desktops only" (even though the GS4 is a smartphone).
aa6vhDave

Re: Renaming DB problems

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 am

Cassius wrote:
Hi,

Please try the following after you clone your original database:

1. Open the original database within HanDBase for Android
2. While viewing its list of records, select Menu / Database Properties
3. When the screen refreshes to show the properties, scroll down (if necessary) and select Forms
4. When the list of forms appears, tap on the first of the forms
5. Tap on the Copy button, which appears as two overlaying sheets of paper, at the bottom right of the screen
6. When the popup appears asking how to perform the copy operation, choose to copy the form to another database
7. Choose the target database you want

This should get you what you are needing, with copies of forms alongside the cloned databases.

Normally when the form doesn't copy with the database when you try and copy the form over the new database actually won't show up.

Hi,

I have identified some bugs in this process that we are going to address in the next round of bug fixes.

Thanks for your patience!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android