Plea for Minor Change - PLEASE? :)

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Plea for Minor Change - PLEASE? :)

Postby MidlandDeltic » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi

I thought I'd mentioned this before, but cannot find it so I'm asking here :)

I would like a small change to the behaviour of HandBase when using "Set Value to" for multiple records. At present, it defaults to "All Records". As you can probably guess, I have made the fatal mistake of not altering it to "Records in Filter Range" on occasion, which is fairly catastrophic in a 10000+ record database! PLEASE can the default be "Records in Filter Range"?

This is not helped by my (cheap) device sometimes causing me to catch the all records button when tapping on the text line to enter a value as they are very close together - could the gap be widened? Also, but lower importance, Palm used to have "Records Outside Filter Range" as well - it would be useful for this to be included, but that can be got round through filtering.

But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can the default behaviour be changed? PLEASE? :)

Thanks!

Sean
MidlandDeltic

Re: Plea for Minor Change - PLEASE? :)

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your post and suggestion. I agree with your thinking, the In Filter range should be the default and I will make this change for the next update. With regards to the Outside filter range, I removed it as it was almost never used! I would consider adding it back again if there were a bunch of people requesting it, but I'm trying to keep the options as simple as possible to make it more accessible to novice users. Hope that makes sense!

As to a release date, I don't have one at this point as I'm working on the External field type which is a very involved addition. I hope to have something for you all as soon as possible!
dhaupert

Postby MidlandDeltic » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:57 am

Thanks David. The "outside of filter" option is not essential to me, although I did use it occasionally on the Palm if I had a multi-part filter set up to retain just one or two sets of values, so I am happy with your position on that. Looking forward to external field types - hyperlinks, he asks hopefully?

Thansk again

Sean
MidlandDeltic

Postby dhaupert » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 am

Hi again,

Hoping to implement all of the external ones that I did on iOS- camera, web site links, dial phone numbers, gps, combine text, etc. They may not all be part of the first release but hopefully most of them!
dhaupert

Postby MidlandDeltic » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi Dave

Looking forward to it!

Regards

Sean
MidlandDeltic

Return to HanDBase for Android