Bug in Viewing after a change to a view

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Bug in Viewing after a change to a view

Postby shalom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 am

A change is made to the field order or to the field display status in list and/or edit views. When the changed view is the default (or the one it goes into when first opening the database) the selected view has to be changed, then changed back to see the changes.
shalom

Re: Bug in Viewing after a change to a view

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I have been attempting to duplicate this but have not been successful. Please attach a sample database and include a brief step by step so I can get a better handle on this bug.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby shalom » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:42 am

For The Current file (attached) I was in Club view when the data ase was closed. Then in edit view Club I told it to hide the cc field. So if you open the database you should still see that field. Change to another field and change back to club viee and it should disappear.
To try it youself remember what is showing on the list view and the order. Also, tap a re ord and no fields should appear on the edit screen. Exit the database. Go in to edit mode and edit the club view. Move the clubname field to a different position and mark some of the fields to show in the edit screen. Exit and load thedatabase. The order should appear exactly as it was before and the edit screen should have no fields. Change to another view. Change back to Club view and the changes should show up.
shalom

Postby shalom » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 am

For some reasonit won't let me attach the file so Iwill email itto you.
shalom

Return to HanDBase for Android