How many link/relationship/dbpopup fields are allowed?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

How many link/relationship/dbpopup fields are allowed?

Postby shalom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:21 pm

I have a database with 1 linked field, 4 relationship fields (based on the link field) and 19 dbpopup fields. it keeps vrashing on me. Is that too many connections to other databases for one database?
shalom

Re: How many link/relationship/dbpopup fields are allowed?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:53 am

At what when using it does the crash occur?
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: How many link/relationship/dbpopup fields are allowed?

Postby shalom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:58 am

It was happening at various stages, even before any data was entered. After rebuilding the database several times it finally started working. I had to rebuild because I couldn't get back into it. This time I kept copies of it at various stages of building so I wouldn't have to rebuild from scratch, but it worked. Exiting and saving copies was the only thing I know of that I did different. If it happens again I will send it to you.

One thing I noticed is that I can't sort on a conditional field. As soon as I select a conditional field and click OK it exits the database back to the database listing. I am pulling a (Relationship) field, containing a year and club, from the parent record that will change each year. I don't want it to change in existing child records (just in a new record) so I set up a sort field as conditional.

If sort = blank (this is a text field with nothing in it)
then dateClub
else sort

so if sort is blank it is a new record and loads the value of dateClub, otherwise it is an existing record and keeps the value already in sort. I want to be able to sort on the name field and the sort field to keep the records for each member together and in the correct order. The sort on name, even though it is a Relationship field, works correctly, but it won't allow the sort field. As of now I'm having to manually enter the info in a 3rd field for each child to be able to sort the records properly.
shalom

Return to HanDBase for Android