possible to increase line spacing?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

possible to increase line spacing?

Postby draak » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I see that there have been several postings related - at least vaguely - to this topic, but it is still not clear to me whether it is possible or impossible to alter the line spacing. I know how to alter the font size, but of course this is of limited use if the line spacing cannot be changed.

If it *is* possible, can somebody please explain how to do it?

If it is *not* possible, can somebody please explain why not?

Thanx,
Ðale
draak

Re: possible to increase line spacing?

Postby mjhanna » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Dale,

Which line spacing do you wish to increase? in Forms? or in Lists?
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Postby draak » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:29 pm

"Which line spacing do you wish to increase? in Forms? or in Lists?"

In lists.

Thanx,
Ðale
draak

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Dale,

Thanks for writing. It is not possible at present but is on our list of features we are considering.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby draak » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 am

Thanx, Brian,

I hope you'll get around to it soon. I keep looking for "bav leaves" & "vogurt" & "mavo" @ the grocery store, but I can never find them till I re-attach the cut-off tails of the y's.

And it looks just ugly when everything's bunched up so tight - makes my eyes hurt from squinting!

Best regards,
Ðale

"It is not possible at present but is on our list of
features we are considering."
draak

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Dale,

Thanks for following up. I'm hoping we can get a fix in the next release.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Tom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Brian_Houghton wrote:Hi Dale,

This is pretty pathetic Brian! I'm let down by your answer. I paid 4 times for this app - iPhone, iPhone sync, android, android sync on windows client...I may have even paid for it on windows and possibly my Palm Pilot. You know as well as I do it wasn't cheap...probably somewhere between $60 - $100. Now I can't use it because the list view rows are so narrow I can't even select a line to go to. DDH should have a special release this week (as other companies often do in cases like this) just so users like us aren't stuck. We put lots of time into this app and now until the fix is out it is practically useless. Personally, I downloaded another database app, imported the file I needed via csv and it works like a dream (I won't mention its name). Even the import went as smooth as could be. I suggest you step up to the plate and service your loyal customers...if you need help for a while, hire someone.
Tom

Postby curtterp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Tom wrote:
Brian_Houghton wrote:Hi Dale,

This is pretty pathetic Brian! I'm let down by your answer. I paid 4 times for this app - iPhone, iPhone sync, android, android sync on windows client...I may have even paid for it on windows and possibly my Palm Pilot. You know as well as I do it wasn't cheap...probably somewhere between $60 - $100. Now I can't use it because the list view rows are so narrow I can't even select a line to go to. DDH should have a special release this week (as other companies often do in cases like this) just so users like us aren't stuck. We put lots of time into this app and now until the fix is out it is practically useless. Personally, I downloaded another database app, imported the file I needed via csv and it works like a dream (I won't mention its name). Even the import went as smooth as could be. I suggest you step up to the plate and service your loyal customers...if you need help for a while, hire someone.

Your funny.... thanks for the laugh today.

For someone who has only posted 3 times at the time of this post, you sure make a lot of demands. You might not understand that DDH Software is not a large company with massive resources dedicated to each platform. Plus the fact that there are only a couple of people that have posted about this problem. It takes time to figure out what they can/cannot do, program that into the software, get it tested so for you to demand this be done this week is pretty lame.

The cost for what you have paid for this software is pretty low considering what kind of software that you are getting. You would have paid a LOT more for less functionality for something else. Besides, you haven't paid all that much. I could have Dave look up what I have paid over the years for all the versions of HanDBase. I am willing to bet that I have paid at least twice as much as you, because 2 of my purchases are more than what you have paid total, and that doesn't count the different versions that I have purchased. Another item of note is the different sizes, densities, pixel counts and software skins the different manufacturers release, very few companies can buy everything just to test it out. Too large of an expense.

I can appriciate that you are having a hard time using the software. It sucks when the software doesn't work/look as intended, but to try to belittle the employees of DDH Software is not worth it. All you do is raise your blood pressure, and make no headway. Brian said that it will get done at some point, they just can't say when yet. Because they have a very small staff, and more than one platform to support, they just cannot give a date yet. If that isn't good enough for you, well, that is on you.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Possible cause

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm

According to the prior poster who didn't like my post, I shouldn't suggest a possible cause for this problem because I only posted 3 times before...totally illogical. Nevertheless, I think it is possible the problem may be caused by the higher resolution screens. On my Galaxy S3 I didn't have this problem, however when I switched to my new Motorola Droid Turbo a few weeks ago the problem surfaced. The Droid has a much higher resolution than the S3...I know that different resolutions can cause these problems if the software may not account for the higher rez. The puzzling thing however is that the entry text and line spacing in the entry itself is fine...it is only in the list display that the line spacing is tiny. It is so tiny that it is hard to select an entry that you may want to view. Hope this helps Dave.
Tom

Re: Possible cause

Postby curtterp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Tom wrote:According to the prior poster who didn't like my post, I shouldn't suggest a possible cause for this problem because I only posted 3 times before...totally illogical. Nevertheless, I think it is possible the problem may be caused by the higher resolution screens. On my Galaxy S3 I didn't have this problem, however when I switched to my new Motorola Droid Turbo a few weeks ago the problem surfaced. The Droid has a much higher resolution than the S3...I know that different resolutions can cause these problems if the software may not account for the higher rez. The puzzling thing however is that the entry text and line spacing in the entry itself is fine...it is only in the list display that the line spacing is tiny. It is so tiny that it is hard to select an entry that you may want to view. Hope this helps Dave.

The only problem I had was your post where you called Brian Pathetic, told Dave that he needed to hire more people to provide a fix quickly that only a couple of people have said they have a problem. It had nothing to do with what you could post.

Now this post is the one that you should have done earlier. The explanation of the display being fine for your S3 but really tiny on your new Droid Turbo gives Dave a place to start. Now he can set up a simulator with the display specs and see what you are seeing. Not saying Dave can look at it right away (I can't speak for Dave), but he has something to work with. Much more productive than your last post.

Just to recap, I don't have a problem with you, just the post I quoted in my previous post.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Next

Return to HanDBase for Android