possible to increase line spacing?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: possible to increase line spacing?

Postby moneil » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Just this past Monday (1/4/16) I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 from S4 and noticed the truncated text in list view, which was not a problem on the S4. I followed Brian's first suggestion below and changed the "List View Front Size" from 18 to 15, and the text now all fits nicely. Yes, it will be nice when the line spacing can be adjusted so as to have a larger font size in list view, but for the time being this works well! Thanks for a great product.

Brian_Houghton wrote:Hi Everyone,

There are a couple of things you can do right now to help resolve the field text being cut off:

1. Adjust the font size used within HanDBase

To do this, open HanDBase to the database selection screen. Open the Menu and select Preferences. Use the sliders to adjust the font size for list view, and for record view, if you so choose. I've communicated with several different people and this always seemed to help them.

Based on what I see in the screenshots (sorry I don't have those particular devices), using option 1 should resolve all of those display issues.

2. Adjust the font size and/or font choice on your phone.

I use Samsung devices. WIthin their settings they have font control options, where you can choose size and font type. Some of the fonts are bigger than others. The font sizes given are "tiny", which in my opinion is still to big for my Note's screen, and "Huge" which is REALLY big. Tweaking your font choice and size, depending on the phone you are using, can help as well.

Regardless of option 1 and 2, you may have an issue with the field row being small. See below if that applies to your situation.

If neither of these solutions help you, the most helpful thing to do would be to reply with the following information about your device:

- Model and make of phone/tablet, ie Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 4 Edge
    - Version of OS
    - Screen density (ppi)
    - Screen dimensions, ie 1500 x 2000

My hope is that this information helps you to a) resolve fields being cut off by adjusting font sizing and b) helps you to understand why updates are not flowing freely like you and probably most of you would like.

If you have specific concerns, also please feel free to contact me at support@ddhsoftware.com
moneil

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:44 pm

I've got a beta you can try if you want. Please contact me at support @ ddhsoftware . com (minus spaces).
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby mkmkmk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:56 am

Hi Brian

Thanks a lot!
It is working perfectly! I wished since 3 years this feature…..
See on the attachement some of my devices (all with very high resolution 1440x2560 pixels) with the new and old version of HandBase
(from left to right: Samsung S6; HTC one M9+; Blackberry Priv; Nexus 6P). Samsung and HTC with the new version, Blackberry Priv and Nexus 6P with the old version…. the difference is clearly visible (and consider, Blackberry and Nexus have the bigger screens, 5,4 and 5,7 inches).
I am physican and have a file with nearly 3000 entries, but for privacy reasons I didnt want to take a picture of this file.
So I can use my newer devices and not any more my old Samsung note 3 neo with screen resolution 1280x720 pixels (it was only in use in hospital).

I recommend you, release this HandBase version for all asap!!!

Kind regards
Martin
mkmkmk

Postby mkmkmk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Here the comparison Picture from my post. Samsung S6 and HTC m9+ with new Version of HandBase, Blackberry priv and Nexus 6P with the old Version.
Attachments
IMG_comp.jpg
IMG_comp.jpg (160.28 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
mkmkmk

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:09 am

Brian_Houghton wrote:I've got a beta you can try if you want. Please contact me at support @ ddhsoftware . com (minus spaces).

Working great on my Droid Turbo...I can finally use HanDBase again...appreciate it Brian. Although it took a while you did a nice job! Thank you, Tom S
Tom

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:43 am

Tom wrote:
Brian_Houghton wrote:I've got a beta you can try if you want. Please contact me at support @ ddhsoftware . com (minus spaces).

Working great on my Droid Turbo...I can finally use HanDBase again...appreciate it Brian. Although it took a while you did a nice job! Thank you, Tom S

Thanks, Tom!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android