Database cut into two forms?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Database cut into two forms?

Postby nevadamaw » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Looking for some help. I created a data base with 87 fields, when I make it into a form all the fields after 64 are made into a second form. I really don't want to open two forms to collect data. Any Ideas?
nevadamaw

Re: Database cut into two forms?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:56 am

Hi,

Each form holds up to 100 elements. This could be 100 controls of 50 elements and 50 controls.

Due to the high number of fields you are using multiple forms is necessary, so I encourage adding a button to each that allows you to easily jump from one to another while editing.

You could also create a tabbed interface using the forms.

Let me know if you need specific examples.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby nevadamaw » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 am

I would love some more details on each. Thanks for the reply! So I understand you I could make tabs for each section of data and it would all be on one form or do I still need the button to jump between the two?
nevadamaw

Postby mjhanna » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 pm

The button or tab would have an action to open a separate but similar looking form for the data entry of that other section of data.
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 am

Go to the following link on a computer:

http://ddhsoftware.com/gallery.html?sho ... =1502&UID=

Near the bottom of the screen you will see a link titled tabexample.zip Click this and choose to save it to your computer.

Once downloaded extract its contents.

Copy the .pdb files inside to the HanDBase folder that is within the internal storage of your Android.

You can then open the database and add a record to see how tabbed interfaces work.

Essentially tabs allow for forms within a form, giving the ability to navigate more information without having to jump around to terribly much.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Android