Stream write Error

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Stream write Error

Postby Gab-Hop » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 pm

I am getting an error when trying to sync one of my devices (galaxy s4) to a multi user setup
"Stream write error"
Does anyone now how to fix this it seems to always happen on the same db but will only error on the one device all other devices sync ok to the shared dbs that i am using
Can anyone help with this?
Attachments
2015-07-25 13.55.43.jpg
2015-07-25 13.55.43.jpg (234.27 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Gab-Hop

Re: Stream write Error

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:12 am

Hi,

I'd try the following:

1. Go to the path where the database is stored for this particular sync configuration
2. Move the database to the computer's desktop
3. Replace the database with a copy from the Android

After doing so, check to see if it syncs properly.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Gab-Hop » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:53 am

I tryed that and i still get the error
But i can sync fine to other androids and the error will not come up
I have even replaced the db with a copy from another android that syncs properly but it still errors when i try to sync the device

What does this error mean??
The db just reached over 1000 records could it be anything to do with that?
Gab-Hop

Postby curtterp » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Gab-Hop wrote:I tryed that and i still get the error
But i can sync fine to other androids and the error will not come up
I have even replaced the db with a copy from another android that syncs properly but it still errors when i try to sync the device

What does this error mean??
The db just reached over 1000 records could it be anything to do with that?

The amount of records (1000) is not the problem. I have a database that has over 64000 records for sync testing and that has been syncing just fine. At least it has been working since the last update DDH Software did for Android.

Based on your postings, I am assuming that this same database is syncing just fine on other Android smartphones to this computer. I am also assuming that you are using the same data cable with different Android smartphones. Please let me know if my assumptions are correct or not.

Have you tried to power down this smartphone wait a minute, then turn it back on to try to sync?
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Gab-Hop » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 am

I have powered off the phone
Also Deleted the db and it synced with the other dbs on the device this works fine
And the db in question will sync without errors on other devices
One question;
I am also assuming that you are using the same data cable with different Android smartphones.

To my knowledge you can only sync via wifi
If you can sync with a data cable i would like to know how as this may solve a lot of issues because i know that sometimes incoming emails can upset the sync
Is this possible i thought the ability to do this was taken away in the later android versions as the computer does not see the device as a mapped or network drive
Gab-Hop

Postby curtterp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:53 am

Gab-Hop wrote:I have powered off the phone
Also Deleted the db and it synced with the other dbs on the device this works fine
And the db in question will sync without errors on other devices
One question;
I am also assuming that you are using the same data cable with different Android smartphones.

To my knowledge you can only sync via wifi
If you can sync with a data cable i would like to know how as this may solve a lot of issues because i know that sometimes incoming emails can upset the sync
Is this possible i thought the ability to do this was taken away in the later android versions as the computer does not see the device as a mapped or network drive

Sorry I misspoke about the data cable.... I have been using WiFi to sync since it was available. I was racking my brain on what could be possible different hardware that could be causing the problem.

Is that the only S4 that you are syncing with, or do you have another that is syncing fine?

Have you tried deleting the partnership to that device and reestablishing another partnership?

Have you tried deleting HanDBase from the device and reinstalling it?
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby mjhanna » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 am

I don't think it is the fact that the device type is an S4. I have two and have no problem syncing. Must be something else.

Could there possibly be a write permissions issue with this particular database, either on the PC or on the S4?
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Postby Gab-Hop » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:52 am

Thanks Curt
Deleted account and reset it up this seems to have fixed the error
I haven't seen that error since although some other errors showed up in the sync logs i seem to be rid of the stream write error :|
Gab-Hop

Postby curtterp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:24 am

Glad that the stream error is gone
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Android