forms and Lollipop Android 5.1.1

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

forms and Lollipop Android 5.1.1

Postby patrickwest » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Folks,

I have a set of forms used with a database. Most of my users are on iOS but I have three using Android. I also have a couple of Android devices used as testbeds.

My forms files does not work on one device of one of my users. His device is Samsung Galaxy something running Android 5.1.1

Forms file is in the same folder as the database but is ignored by the database. Works fine on the test devices and the other two Android users.

Any known issues with forms in 5.1.1?
patrickwest

Re: forms and Lollipop Android 5.1.1

Postby GJHmf » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:47 am

No compatibility issues that affect me - on 5.1.1 on my phone, or 6.0 on my tablet.

My only forms issue remains the one I reported ages ago; where you can set tab text colour, but you can't set tab background colour. So I have nicely coloured forms, with white tabs. V-ugly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
GJHmf

Re: forms and Lollipop Android 5.1.1

Postby dhaupert » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:52 am

Hi,

Is it possible that your forms don't have a start form designed for desktop/tablet devices? In the form properties, there is a setting to define the starting form for different platforms. Some Android devices have high enough resolution that they use the tablet/desktop setting and not the phone setting. Let us know- you can always send the database and forms to support@ddhsoftware.com and we can take a look!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Android