Transfer Handbase App to new phone

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Transfer Handbase App to new phone

Postby tz8prd » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I got a new Android phone and I want to transfer the Handbase App from old phone to my new pohone without having to re-purchase the app. Is that possible?
tz8prd

Re: Transfer Handbase App to new phone

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:03 am

Congrats on the new phone; it's always fun!

You can freely transfer HanDBase to the new phone, as long as you use the same Gmail address on the new phone. Assuming that when you did the initial set up on the new phone you signed in using that same email address, do the following to install HanDBase:

1. Open the Play Store app
2. Search for "HanDBase"
3. Select "HanDBase" from the list of results returned
4. On the HanDBase product page, tap the "Install" button and agree to the permissions prompt.

Wait a few moments and HanDBase will download and install.

Run HanDBase once in order to let the app create the required folder structure on the phone. Then copy your database files from the "HanDBase" folder found at the root level of internal storage on the old phone to the "HanDBase" folder found at the root level of internal storage on the new phone.

After doing so, you should be all set!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby benevision » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:35 am

When I go to install HanDBase on my new android phone (logged in with same ID etc. as old Android device) GooglePlay displays a “purchase” button with $amount. WILL I BE CHARGED AGAIN? If that happens will you refund me? Thanks in advance for your advice!
benevision

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:47 pm

benevision wrote:When I go to install HanDBase on my new android phone (logged in with same ID etc. as old Android device) GooglePlay displays a “purchase” button with $amount. WILL I BE CHARGED AGAIN? If that happens will you refund me? Thanks in advance for your advice!

If the price is shown and you agree to the prompt again, Google Play will charge you.

In this case, you want to check two things:

1. Is there a chance you purchased HanDBase from Amazon's App Store, instead of Google Play? If so, the purchase won't show in Google Play.
2. You mentioned you are signed in with the same Google email address. However, is there a chance you are signed in to multiple Google accounts on your phone? If you are, when you open Google Play, open the sidebar and check to see which account you are using for the store. If it isn't the correct Gmail address, tap the address and from the popup that appears, choose the correct one.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Android