Database view not working in Android

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Database view not working in Android

Postby khodadad » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:01 am

Hi,
I have bee using a database for years and now suddenly the Android views have stopped working.
The symptoms are as following:
    The views configuration seems to be fine both in PC and Android. I don't see any error here.
    The views are correctly displayed in the PC
    The views are displayed erroneously in android. Specifically, the fields are not the same as in the configuration and there are some fields I can't access unless I enter the record.
    This affect all the views. Some fields simply don't appear.
    I haven't changed the views just in case things got worse.
    Everything else seems to be OK. No data loss. Filters are working correctly.

I have touched the file both in Android and PC and synchronized again. The file gets copied, problem persists.
I have manually copied the file from PC to Android. The problem persists.
I have uninstalled Handbase from the phone. When started again the databases are there, but the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated, as the database is useless now in the phone.
khodadad

Re: Database view not working in Android

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:45 am

Hi,

Sorry to read of the issue you are experiencing.

Have you tried scrolling horizontally on the field names at the top of the list view, to see if the missing data reappears?
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby khodadad » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:33 pm

You are right.
After not having an answer I exported the database to a CSV file, imported again and everything was solved- although I needed to recreated the views and do some tinkering.

Today it happened again. Fortunately, I haven't synchronized the file so I simply copied the PC file, but it didn't work. It is very strange, because I thought that everything in the database was in the file, but it seems that some kind of temporary information is inside handbase. Even if I delete the file in the phone, open handbase so that it sees that the file isn't there, and copied it again, the problem persist.
I was looking at the forum just in case there was some answer.

I have just scrolled the field names - I forgot about this feature - and the info appears again. Why this happen I have no idea.
At least it is a relief to know that Handbase isn't corrupting the files and it only something related to the visualization.

Thanks
khodadad

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks for the update.

What device are you using, and what version of Android is it running?

Also, how many fields does your database have within it?

If you have a large number of fields, you may want to create a couple of custom views that make the columns fewer and easy to switch between.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby khodadad » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Samsung Note 2. Android 4.3
24 fields.
khodadad

Return to HanDBase for Android