Increasing Font Size on Form

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Increasing Font Size on Form

Postby cenzer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:33 pm

How can I increase the font size on a form.

I downloaded Ben Clinger's Crash and the size I want in my form is the same as his on Form [Crash Info].

Note: The Fonts on the Form [Date/Agency/Location] are not as good on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

And the Forms that I have tried to make are much too tiny.

My Display in Setting on the S4 are set to [Huge].

Thank you.
Thank you.

Charles
cenzer

Re: Increasing Font Size on Form

Postby mjhanna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:51 am

Hi Charles,

I posted the results of my experimentation almost two years ago which explained to me both Form Size dimensions and scaling which affects font size here. Hopefully those notes should help in picking appropriate Form Sizes and specified Scaling Factors for your Android device. Like you I have an SG4 which is what I used for these tests.

I believe that HanDBase does a good job of automatically scaling as long as you: use a Form Size which is roughly the same aspect ratio (WxH) as your screen, and use pixel values for the Form Size that are enough smaller than the resolution of your device so that the combination of your supplied scaling and HanDBase's automatic upsizing will cause the fonts etc. to upsize to a size you find readable.

Hope this gives you ideas,
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Re: Increasing Font Size on Form

Postby cenzer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:58 am

Thank you

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Charles
cenzer

Return to HanDBase for Android