Win 10 sync with Galaxy Note Edge gives "Stream write error"

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Win 10 sync with Galaxy Note Edge gives "Stream write error"

Postby kira13 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I just realized today that I'd been using my main database (on the phone) for a few months without remembering to sync it to my desktop. When I tried to sync (via Wifi), I had a popup box that just said "Stream write error". After closing the box, it looked like the sync was still continuing, but it didn't seem to be going anywhere, so I stopped it.

What does that error mean? Doing a web search didn't turn up anything useful for me.

Thanks,
Kira
kira13

Re: Win 10 sync with Galaxy Note Edge gives "Stream write er

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Kira,

Thanks for writing.

Sorry to read of the issue you encountered with your sync.

Please try the following:

1. Set both handbasedesktop.exe (found at C:\Program Files\HanDBase4) and androidsync.exe (found at C:\Program Files\HanDBase4\Android\) to run as admin.
2. To enable this setting, right click on the exe file, choose Compatibility from the popup that appears, check the "run as admin" option and click "apply" at the bottom of dialog.

Do this for both sync files and then sync again. If it continues to fail, copy the text for the most recent sync from the HanDBaseSync.log, found on your computer at \Documents\HanDBase\folder named after your handheld\, and paste it into your reply.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Android