Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: Sync failing after moving to Android Pie

Postby IAS1962 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:22 am

Well after a brief spell in the world of ios, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and synchronisation is working seamlessly now.

It wasn't a propitious start as, when I opened the app for the first time I received the now familiar message that it was built for an earlier version of Android etc. but I carried on regardless and established a partnership with the desktop. No error messages then or since. I have tried pretty well all scenarios i.e. creating databases on either platform, making changes on either platform etc., all without any issues.

Don't ask me why it is working now when it didn't with my S10. Just thought that I'd report the good news.
IAS1962

Postby jjmcgaffey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:14 am

I've been backing up by copying the HanDBase folder on my phone (Motorola G Power, Android 10) into one or another cloud drive. I finally decided it was time to recreate my HanDBase install on Windows (the computer it was on had to be reinstalled and lost everything). Installed, with a fresh download from the website; ran, created a new Android user, it saw my phone just fine...and I got the same error mentioned here.

Error: Could not get list of images from device Code 200: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Also
Error: Could not get list of forms from device Code 200: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
and
Error: Code 200: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Error: Device reported 0 databases installed

Tried it running HanDBase as administrator, no change.

I can (and did) access my databases by going to the sync URL in my browser, downloading everything to the computer, and moving the .pdb files into the proper HanDBase folder. I can open them in HanDBase, showing up under the new Android user. But syncing doesn't work at all.

I see Dave's last message, in November, said months to fix this...any report on progress?

I can continue to back up by copying, but I would like to be able to work on the database on the computer as well (I want to make some serious edits, which are a lot easier on the computer).

Thanks - and thanks for this fantastic software. I've been using it since before Android was a gleam in anyone's eye, and made the switch from Palm only when HanDBase became available on Android. Business, hobbies, inventory, it's woven throughout my life.
jjmcgaffey

Postby edwin2011 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:04 am

The same here. Started with a palm III
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android