HanDBase on Android Next?

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

HanDBase on Android Next?

Postby larryn46 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 pm

The only thing stopping me from changing from a Palm OS phone to an android phone is that HanDBase isn't yet on android. You are slowing down the economy. America needs you.
larryn46

Re: HanDBase on Android Next?

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi there,

As you can see we have a forum section now in place for Android. I wanted to put yours here as well to keep things in order..

Far be it from me to hold back the American economy- I'm doing all I can to give it the much needed boost! ;)
dhaupert

Postby dagwinn » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Do it! Do it! Do it! Support the economy!

I've found the Droid I'm looking for! But it's missing what HanDBase offers. C'm'on, man! Give me a reason to spend my money.

Ok, scratch that. Give me a reason to spend someone else's money. :)
dagwinn

Postby docinfiniti » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:37 pm

PLEASSSSSSE port to Android. I've used handbase over 10 years, most frequently for the capture of inpatient data. I'm a internist, do a lot of inpatient care, and capture diagnoses and charges for patients for my billers using hb.

any volunteers for b testing ???????????

rss
docinfiniti

Postby rponiarski » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 pm

I agree. I started with HanDBase on my Palm and now am using it on WinMo. I have not only patient information, but a lot of other professional information such as CME and controlled substances prescritions. I am planning on getting the Droid at the end of the month and will volunteer to be a beta tester if you need one.
Richard M. Poniarski, MD
"Everyone is entitled to the reality of their own choice..."
rponiarski

Postby dhaupert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for your offer for beta testing. When we get closer to that point, I'll surely let you all know!
dhaupert

Postby midtoad » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm

I have been using an Android device since the middle of the year, and have one application already in the Android market. As a long-time user of HanDBase, I am very keen on seeing an Android version of HanDBase. I've previously owned Palm OS, Windows Mobile, S60 and iPhone versions of this software. Looking forward to help test the beta!
HandBase user on PalmOS, Windows Mobile, iPhone, and soon... Android!
midtoad

Postby Samundus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Yes please make it for the Droid, getting my Motorola Droid this week. i had HanDBase on the Palm and loved it, then i moved to Widows and i had a hard time that i gave it up. Please i love HanDBase, make it for the Droid PLEASE :mrgreen:
Samundus

Postby Dreamline » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I would love a version on Android; the new Motorola Droid is very sweet, but is missing a good DB app...

Key desirable features/issues:
1) How to sync with Mac/Windows desktop version given that Android doesn't appear to do a standard desktop sync conduit... Along with this - how do we transfer the existing DBs from our current device to the Android?
2) How to address the large range of screen sizes/orientations; I'd love to see something that auto-scales fields/columns/etc. and auto-rotates/rearranges to take advantage of the newer devices' resolution and orientation features

Thanks,

- John
Dreamline

Postby dhaupert » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 pm

1) How to sync with Mac/Windows desktop version given that Android doesn't appear to do a standard desktop sync conduit... Along with this - how do we transfer the existing DBs from our current device to the Android?

When you plug in your droid via a USB cable, can you explore the entire device as a mounted drive? If not, we'll have to implement something like we did on iPhone where we use wifi to transfer.

2) How to address the large range of screen sizes/orientations; I'd love to see something that auto-scales fields/columns/etc. and auto-rotates/rearranges to take advantage of the newer devices' resolution and orientation features

This is what I hear can be a nightmare for development, but am reading up to design this as seamless as possible. We'll see how things progress!
dhaupert

Next

Return to HanDBase for Android