HanDBase for Android - new forum created

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HanDBase for Android - new forum created

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 pm

I won't forget about pre 2.0 versions of Android. Trying to target 1.6 as the minimum version and hopefully this won't create any hangups. I know there are a few devices that still have 1.5, but there are some big differences in what can be done for 1.6 as the minimum vs 1.5.
dhaupert

Postby Suprdave12 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 pm

For Real? When will this be ready? Any ideas? Currently there are no good database applications for the Droid that I can find. There is one that has at least released something useful. http://www.elaxys.net/products As a long time user of Handbase I would rather use handbase than most anything else. However, if it's going to be another 6 months before handbase has something for the droid i will put my efforts into whatever i can use. Please! i want to use Handbase... Any hint as to how long handbase will take would be great.
Suprdave12

Postby dhaupert » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It's really too early to predict a date at this point. I wouldn't think it will take 6 more months to launch, but I'm not entirely sure about that either. I'm fairly certain we're looking at a minimum of a few months away though, so if you have to find an alternative and one exists, you may want to look at that, at least temporarily!
dhaupert

Postby docinfiniti » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 pm

DAVE, you may be interested in this:

SQLite Migrator - New Version 1.3.0
With SQLite Migrator, you can migrate to SQLite any database that you can connect to using ODBC. Do you have data in an Access or FoxPro database? SQLite Migrator will quickly migrate it to an all-new SQLite database, preserving all your tables and data and allowing it to work on Mac OS X or Linux. It also is a great way to backup or export your data from other database systems, such as MS SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
docinfiniti

Postby dhaupert » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks for sending that- but we don't use the SQL Lite implementations on anything but the BlackBerry version. And that has not worked out too well as you can see from the forums for the Blackberry. I very much plan on using our own lightweight single file format for the Android version and hope it will work out as I have planned.

Thanks again though for thinking of us!
dhaupert

Postby Dr. Richard Williams » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Like many others I hate the fact that my Palm pda has gone away. After much pain, I chose not to buy the Palm Pre and bought the Motorola Droid and will await the arrival of the handbase application. I would be happy to do beta testing for it. I will continue to rely on the desktop version of handbase. May our "long wait" be shortened.
Dr. Richard Williams

Postby flyteach » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 am

I am also anxiously awaiting an Android version. I went ahead and purchased the iPod version so that I could still use my databases (and only because I already had the iPod), but would certainly like this on my main "machine."

Here's hoping that this generates a little extra enthusiasm to keep up the development pace ;)
flyteach

Postby gruehlin » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

I have used DDH HanDbase for years on the Palm platform and look forward to continuing to use it on my Motorola Droid. Please send me an email when it is available. TIA, George
gruehlin

Postby mjt57 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:21 am

I cannot believe that there are NO apps in the Android Store. Sorry, there's one, but it's very basic. As one reviewer said, more of a spreadsheet but without cells and formulae.

I have two HDB databases that I use daily. But with my PDA dead and using the new HTC Desire, I'm sorely missing them. I was going to try and download an interim replacement but I can't even do that.

So frustrating.

Roll on HandBase for Android.
mjt57

Postby hlmbus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Can you set up something so we can get an email notification when handbase for android this is released?
hlmbus

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for Android