ShortCut To Android

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

ShortCut To Android

Postby koolmusick » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi,

Been many many years since I said anything on your forums.

My trusty but long in the tooth Treo died. Investigated Palm Pre, but couldn't justify purchase. Too many shortcomings.
For other reasons, no iPhone for me.

Got a Droid. Got one because I came here -- and read the great news.

First thing I did ... was put two shortcuts on the Droid HomeScreen.
One to DDHSoftware Home Page
One to this Forum

That way I won't miss the news when HanDBase -- without which I simply cannot live -- at last appears on Android platform.
Heaven alone knows what I shall do until then.
Except keep clicking in.

I know it is not written in stone. I know it is just a guide. I know you learned a lot a while ago from possible too early introduction of Version 3. Nevertheless, really looking forward to "the summer", when Droid HanDBase hits the streets!!!.

Can't wait.

I'll pay for it right now if it will help you with your health insurance premiums, or anything else you need, while you work on this.
I'll even pay a premium.

Just expressing.
Thanks for a great programme.
Used it faithfully for years.

Koolmusick
Keep Musick Kool
koolmusick

Re: ShortCut To Android

Postby dhaupert » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks for your awesome post! It's great to see you again ;)

My hope is to deliver some sort of public beta version ahead of the release, since so many users have signed on to test. I am not sure how I'll do this, whether the beta is time limited, or whether it will only be to existing registered users, or what, but I will surely be posting here first when that happens!

Thanks for your offer of support ahead of it's release- I appreciate the vote of confidence!
dhaupert

Postby docinfiniti » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Its been awhile since I posted any comment about Beta test, but I do appologize for setting up this feeding frenzy. On the other hand it does demonstrate any enormous support for Handbase. Looking forward to any early release, beta, etc, and thanks for your work!
docinfiniti

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 am

Hi there,

I have been trying to get to a point of basic functionality that will be useful as an early beta. Hoping to have something perhaps as early as next month that you all can try. At the very least, perhaps I'll have enough to show a Youtube 'teaser' for what's been done! Thanks for sticking with us. Porting to an entirely new platform always takes a bit to get the momentum going.
dhaupert

Postby koolmusick » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't want you to feel under any pressure, but I just thought I'd bring something to your attention. The huge downturn in the US economy, along with its major financial crisis occurred around the time I could not longer use HandBase on my trusty pda. Logic dictates that the only way the US economy is ever going to recover is when HandBase appears on this new platform and I can start using HandBase again. Some people might feel that there is no connection whatever, but you and I know differently, don't we. Not trying to put you under any pressure. Just saying. Word to the wise and all that!!!

You stay well now, and thank you very much again. Your role in my life has been much appreciated, and a truly central one it has been.

Kool Musick
Keep Musick Kool
koolmusick

Return to HanDBase for Android