HandBase starting point

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

HandBase starting point

Postby gbb » Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 am

Gentlemen:
I have been waiting for your Android version for some time now. I hope you are nearing a release date. If however you are having trouble finding android template may I suggest Memento by
http://www.androidfreeware.org/download ... base-1.2.3
the developer Luckydroid

This developer has a great start to a personal database running on the android platform, perhaps your collaboration would be of mutual commercial benifit.

G Byron Brooks
dr.gbbrooks@gmai.com
gbb

Re: HandBase starting point

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. I hate to sound like a renegade with a go-it-alone strategy, but HanDBase is well into development at this point (see the update here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=814&start=0 )

One of the key features of HanDBase is the compatibility with HanDBase on other platforms. The idea that you can feel confident that you will be able to move your databases to the new hot platforms in the coming years without much trouble is a comfort we wish to offer our customers, and that means sticking with our own proprietary database format and not using the native database formats on each platform. I know when we finally launch on Android, we won't be the only database manager option out there, and certainly with Android there seem to be many freeware options for various types of software, so we won't be the cheapest option either. But hopefully customers will find the value in our application due to the powerful feature set, desktop integration, user interface and cross compatibility.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Android