HanDBase for Android Development Update: June 2nd, 2010

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HanDBase for Android Development Update: June 2nd, 2010

Postby TedETGbiz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 am

Dave,

As you must know, cell phones are the "new" PCs. As a VAR for virtual technology, we can see the days of routinely running VMs from your cell (or tablet) coming fast. On top of that, purpose-built OSs (Chrome) are going to multiply, and your cross-platform dev needs will continue exploding. Have you considered pulling in more resources to help you with cross-platform work, while you concentrate on what you do best? Many on your forum would be willing to pay more for faster form development, for instance. From a different direction-- have you considered publishing some "public" APIs to allow the kind of ecosystem growth that Android itself is experiencing? Of course, the fact that many share their DB's on your site is a version of that, but I'm talking about something which allows a sync with Quickbooks (for instance).

Perhaps you are already addressing these issues and I haven't noticed yet. Not telling you how to run things, either. I like your software, wish like heck it was already there on Android.

HTHs...

Sincerely,
Ted T.
TedETGbiz

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android