HanDBase for Android Development Update: June 18th, 2010

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: HanDBase for Android Development Update: June 18th, 2010

Postby docdo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Dave:

I am just about ready to make the leap to the Motorola Droid after much contemplation of which device will become my new portable brain.

I have a Palm Treo 650 and my PC crashed and I lost all my 10 back-ups of my HanDBase program. I still have all the files on my PDA but need to know how I can safely get this data synched and back on my computer. What do I do?

I have Windows XP and I do still have registration keys for HanDBase

Please advise. I have a lot of important logged data of surgical procedure that i like to be able to store and manipulate when I am applying for new hospital positions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

Deb
docdo

Re: HanDBase for Android Development Update: June 18th, 2010

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. You may want to wait for the Droid 2, or the Droid X, both supposedly shipping later this month. The Droid 2 fixes a few key issues with the Droid, like the not-so-tactile keyboard, and the Droid X is a huge screen'ed phone for those who want something between a cell phone and a small tablet computer.

Regarding the files on your device, if you have another computer (or have fixed your crashed one), you could install the Palm Desktop on it, and then HanDBase will back up it's files when you sync. Then you'd have the files ready to be copied to the Droid when you have it (and HanDBase is released).

Barring that, I believe the 650 had a memory card slot, so you could use HanDBase on there and the Move button (within the Choose Database screen) to move it to the memory card. Then you can hook that memory card up to your computer and copy the files that way.

Hope that helps!
dhaupert

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android