let's have something now

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

let's have something now

Postby samcory » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 am

Please let us have something to play with now as I am sure the beta version of your worst beta version will be better than the Andriod Market rubbish I am using now!!!

Sam
samcory

Re: let's have something now

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 am

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I wish I had something ready for mass consumption. What is currently done in the Android program is not to the level where I feel it's ready. If I released it as a public beta, as I had considered before, I would be overwhelmed with feedback and unable to fully devote my time to finishing up the program more quickly. Ironically this would mean a slower path to a release version than doing it the current way which is starting with a very small beta team, expanding to a slightly bigger one in early September and then hopefully being able to launch by the beginning of October. I'm working my tail off to try to meet that date, and if I worked up some type of public, it would add at minimum a few weeks on to the release plans, and as you can it would really not be worth it since we're so close already!

Hope this makes sense and hang tight- I'm working my best to get this out the door as quickly as possible.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Android