Long time palm user looking for "new" device

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Long time palm user looking for "new" device

Postby SusieN56 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I have used HanDBase in one shape or another for years. Both on Palm devices and on a Sony Clie. I currently have a Palm Tx that I still keep mostly for this program alone.

I tried and absolutely hated the software on my Blackberry storm, and I have it on my iTouch, but don't use it because I could never get the databases to sync from the computer to each device. Although now that I have a new PC, I may have to revisit that option.

I would love to have the option of using HanDBase on an android platform and wouldn't mind being a beta tester, The current issue with that is that Verizon doesn't have the Droid X in stock - with no delivery date in sight, the device might not be here before your software is ready!!!

Susanne Nash
SusieN56

Re: Long time palm user looking for "new" device

Postby dhaupert » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi Susanne,

Let us know if you need assistance with the iPod Touch syncing, though please do on the iPhone section and not in this one!

Sorry to hear that the Droid X is still out of stock. I wonder how the Droid 2 stock levels are- that's a few weeks newer so if the X is still out, the Droid 2 must be hard to come by as well!
dhaupert

Postby curtterp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

According to the Verizon website (just checked it one minute ago) The Droid X is the only Android Phone that is backordered. Estimated Delivery Date is 9-21.

All other devices including the HTC Incredible are in stock and shipping right away. That includes the Samsung Fascinate which when on sale today....
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Be careful with that Samsung Fascinate. I read that on Verizon, for some reason all the google apps were replaced with Microsoft Bing and there is no toggle to switch back. That's a really odd thing for them to do, but it's the customers who will suffer on that one, while the big guys jockey for their positions I guess.

Otherwise, that Samsung is a very nice device from all I've read.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Android