IPAD Crashes on Encrypted fields

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

IPAD Crashes on Encrypted fields

Postby mjscanlon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm

I have an older IPAD with all of the current releases of the software(IOS11) and the current HandBase. I have a database with encrypted fields. When I open the database I see the normal enter the password when I touch an encrypted field and when I start to enter the password on the first character Handbase quits. I tried removing the application, reinstalling it, re-booting the IPAD and nothing seems to fix this issue. Just so I am clear the IPAD does not have the TouchID feature on it. On my IPhone which is newer the database works fine The Phone does have the TouchID feature on it.. The question is how can I fix this? Is there a way to turn off the TouchID Feature?
mjscanlon

Re: IPAD Crashes on Encrypted fields

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. Can you tell me what specific model iPad you have so I can try to duplicate this? You may be right that it's something to do with Touch ID- I'll double check that it checks for compatibility before offering it.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: IPAD Crashes on Encrypted fields

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 pm

mjscanlon wrote:I have an older IPAD with all of the current releases of the software(IOS11) and the current HandBase. I have a database with encrypted fields. When I open the database I see the normal enter the password when I touch an encrypted field and when I start to enter the password on the first character Handbase quits. I tried removing the application, reinstalling it, re-booting the IPAD and nothing seems to fix this issue. Just so I am clear the IPAD does not have the TouchID feature on it. On my IPhone which is newer the database works fine The Phone does have the TouchID feature on it.. The question is how can I fix this? Is there a way to turn off the TouchID Feature?

Hi there,

Just wanted to follow up on this. Was trying to duplicate this today with the iPad Air simulator - the iPad air doesn't have touch ID so thought it would be a good test. Everything worked fine- the code to detect whether touchID is supported appears to be working fine. Please let me know the details of your setup- iPad model and OS version. Also, if there is any way you can send me the database I can try to duplicate. If it's encrypted, no need to send me the password- I can test and hopefully make the app crash without having access to your private data!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPad