iPad Restore a Particular Database?

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

iPad Restore a Particular Database?

Postby mkaelin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:26 am

I've been a HanDBase user for quite some time and I just ran into my first data corruption issue. I thought I was doing some fairly routine (but large) updates to fields across filtered lists...

While the updates SEEMED to take place, I later saw good size portions of by DB "corrupted" with garbage data and some image field names, stored in various other fields...this is for a good portion of my total database size.

So, I have a backup on my machine in iTunes from June (boo!) and am looking to restore from that...but I don't see a way to select any HanDBase-specific tables to open as a new database (which I BELIEVE is something I did forever ago)...

Anyway, sorry for the long intro...short version...how do I restore a HanDBase database from an earlier iTunes backup? I tried searching, and didn't find what I was looking for...I'm hoping I missed a FAQ or a thread that someone can point me to. Thanks!
mkaelin

Re: iPad Restore a Particular Database?

Postby exmpro » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 am

I use a program called iExplorer from Macroplant With this you can see the contents of iTunes backups, and transfer an individual file from your PC back to your device.
exmpro

Return to HanDBase for iPad