Db popup for filter selection

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Db popup for filter selection

Postby chuxtable » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible in HanDBase, when editing a filter expression, to have a db popup to select from a large list, ie. the steps you would follow are: 1. Enable a filter, 2. Select the field to which you want to apply the filter, and 3. Tap in the "enter text" field and a db popup would appear with all the possibilities for that field. There is already the functionality to have popup values, however this is limited to 100 values (I think), and in any case, has to be entered manually. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks in advance, Charles
chuxtable

Re: Db popup for filter selection

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:41 am

Hi,

It won't work the way you describe, but it is definitely a good idea'
In the meantime, if in the lookup table you create custom views which contain the filters you want, when you follow the DB Popup to the lookup table you can easily filter the records by switching views.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby chuxtable » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks Brian, yes, I was aware that I can do it the way you suggest, and it is definitely a work-around. The other option would be great if possible, especially if searching for entire record strings. I understand that the current system is good too, as you can search for any part of a character string in any record or field. Cheers Charles
chuxtable

Postby comvox » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:59 am

I just wanted to add to this thread that I also would be happy to see DB popup for filter selection. It's there in HanDBase for Palm OS, and it would be nice to have it on Android.
comvox

Return to HanDBase for iPad